Leave / Absence Rules
We very strongly feel the need for children to attend school regularly and punctually in order to derive maximum benefit from the school's curriculum. Regular attendance is essential for the academic and personal development of children. We expect that all parents will endeavour to have children in school during term time unless there are justifying circumstances and we bestow the responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality of the students upon the parents.
- A minimum of 85% attendance is mandatory before every exam to make them eligible to sit for the examination. In case attendance is short, students will not be eligible for promotion/any academic award. Adequate preparatory leave is given before each exam. It is mandatory for the students to attend school till the last working day.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than ten consecutive days renders the student liable to have his/her name stuck off the rolls; readmission may be granted only in payment of fresh admission fee provided the vacancy still exists.
- For availing an early exit, students should submit an application/ handbook entry duly signed by the parents at the reception for getting the gate pass issued, before 10.00 a.m. Parent are expected to personally call and inform at the reception about the reason for availing an early exit.
- For purposes of safety, a child will be released only to their parents/guardians unless the school has been notified in writing by the parents that they have granted permission for someone else to pick up their child.
- The parent, or authorized person, must come to the office to sign out the child and have the student dismissed from the classroom.
- All children are expected to attend school on the opening day after every vacation and must be present before closing for the vacations.
- If a child is absent from school, parents must inform the school by a written note or telephone call. It is important that you explain the reason for your child's absence to the class teacher or the Head of the School/Vice Principal.
- The only absences approved by the school are:
- Verified illness
- Ongoing Medical treatment
- Family trip approved by the Class Teacher, Vice Principal and Principal, prior to the dates of absence.
- Religious Holidays
- For planned absence, the student or the parent shall submit an application to the Class Teacher and the Vice Principal one week before the period of absence. The applications should state clearly the exact day(s) and/or period(s) the student will remain absent and the reason for absence.
- For Unplanned/Emergency absence, School authorities should be informed telephonically or through email on the day of absence so that necessary action can be taken. The student shall produce a leave note, duly signed by the parent the next day he attends School.
- Re-Examinations/Extension for the submission of important assignments will not be permitted if the student avails unexcused and uninformed absence on the day of important test, practical laboratory sessions, assessments, submission of assignments, etc.